Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Constitutional Genius that is Thomas J. DiLorenzo

In response to Glenn Beck's 5 Pledges for Elected Officials, Thomas DiLorenzo gives a solid example of why he stands head, shoulders, and breastplate above this generation's self-professed libertarians who still admire President Lincoln.

First I present you with Mr. Beck's seriously thoughtful and heartfelt 5 pledges:
1) I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2) I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its' citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3) I believe more than four decades of US dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal as necessary.

4) I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity, power over U.S. citizens.

5) I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

Now, I request that you read Thomas J. DiLorenzo's open letter to Glenn Beck in it's entirety, and come to know how profound the differences were between President Jefferson's and President Lincoln's policies and beliefs.

No comments: