Sunday, May 10, 2009

The comedy stylings of Wanda Sykes, comedienne ?

While there was little humor in her remarks, at the White House correspondents gala event, there was a great deal of insight.

Insight into her way of thinking. By thinking, I mean feeling.

There can clearly be no thinking involved when she attacks one very specific man who has gone on record stating that he has no animosity toward anyone based on their sexual proclivities. Yet, that is what she did. In a very pointed manner.

She also gave us a good look at how she feels about another important point in LGBTQ activism. She did it in the very same “joke”, too, without a single pause.

“Dick Cheney, oh my God, he's a scary man, scares me to death. I tell my kids, I says, "Look, if two cars pull up, and one has a stranger, and the other car has Dick Cheney, you get in the car with the stranger."”

Everyone is entitled to having kids. No heterosexuality required. No Marriage required. Hell, no seeming ability to support the kids required. Yeah, it is all about the agenda.

Just in case you might be mislead into thinking that she is a comedienne and I just wasn’t amused by this particular joke, I offer this gem
People say, 'Well don't you regret not having kids?' And I go, 'No, not really.' And then if they keep asking, I always say this, 'Well, you know, maybe I'll adopt.' But I don't mean that. It's just something I say to make me sound like a nicer person.


There are more but, I have to wipe the tears from my eyes and let my side stitch subside, so you go on ahead without me.

As Vox points out, even Barack Obama has better writers,
"During the second 100 days, we will design, build and open a library dedicated to my first 100 days."

"My next 100 days will be so successful, I will complete them in 72 days. And on the 73rd day, I will rest."

7 comments:

jana said...

"even Barack Obama has better writers,"

Well, now, I wouldn't go that far.

Not only was O'Bummer's routine totally not funny, it was vaguely vulgar. Way to stay classy, Prez!

He simply has no sense of humor. He's so arrogant, he can't laugh at himself. And when he tries to "tease" other people, he's just mean.

Sheesh. Even Al Gore was funnier at these things...

jill said...

Thanks for pointing out the silver lining: Wanda will not be raising any children.

Jeff Stone said...

SpeakDog.....It is obvious that a cardboard cut-out has a better sense of what is funny, but, that ONE joke did appear to be self-deprecating. Plus it was funny.





pundette....Oh, yeah, that's me. Mr. Silver Lining.

Chris M. said...

The fact that they ended up with Wanda S. makes me wonder if there were not a whole bunch of very funny comics that turned this gig down rather than attempt to negotiate the depths and shoals of the severely enhanced PC difficulties of a president that the establishment cannot see as the subject of any joke. And people are becoming more and more aware that you don't mess with The Light of Chicago without paying a price,

jana said...

Jeff: Yes, the one you posted was funny, but overall his schtick was kinda mean-spirited.

And, Wanda's was very mean-spirited. Why are they still so freaking bitter? As Duh One so loves to point out, "They won."

Lighten up, already.

Jeff Stone said...

Chris........that is something I had not considered. Too bad the list of "acts" that very, very politely explained they had to wash their hair that night will never be released.



SpeakDog.......winning isn't everything, a generation of liberal/progressive/democrat ideology in control is the only thing.

jana said...

" generation of liberal/progressive/democrat ideology in control is the only thing."

Ugh. Count me out.